Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-04.txt

zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn Wed, 10 October 2012 06:57 UTC

To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
From: zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:57:39 +0800
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, venkat.mahalingams@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-04.txt

Hi Lou

We have finished the editing according to your suggestion, please help
review the draft to see whether another roll of revision is needed.

A new version of I-D, draft-zvxg-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-id-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fei Zhang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-zvxg-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-id
Revision:                 00
Title:                            RSVP-TE Identification of MPLS-TP
Co-Routed Bidirectional LSP
Creation date:            2012-10-12
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8

Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zvxg-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-id-00

Abstract:
   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) identifiers document [RFC6370]
   specifies an initial set of identifiers, including the local assigned
   Z9-Tunnel_Num for co-routed bidirectional LSP, which is not covered
   by the current specifications, like [RFC3209], [RFC3473].  This
   document defines Resource ReserVation Protocol Traffic Engnieering
   (RSVP-TE) identification of MPLS-TP co-routed bidirectional LSP.

Thanks and best regards

;)

The authors

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
2012-10-09 02:11

收件人
zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn, "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <rgandhi@cisco.com>,
venkat.mahalingams@gmail.com, xuyunbin@mail.ritt.com.cn,
bao.xiao1@zte.com.cn, "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A (ATTLABS)" <db3546@att.com>
抄送

主题
Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action:
draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-04.txt

Fei, Authors,
                 I think you have the document scoped to match the
discussion.  I'm
personally still having a hard time with parsing the document.  I think
I know what you mean to say, it's just that the document isn't always so
clear.  I think some editing might help.

Hhere are some suggestions:
1) Change the title to something like:
RSVP-TE Identification of MPLS-TP Co-Routed Bidirectional LSPs

2) Simplify the Abstract, perhaps just focus on the purpose of the
extension vs the details of the extension.

3) Ensure the Intro covers the key points clearly.  I see the minimal
set of key points as:
   - TP identifiers are defined in RFC6370
   - Identifiers are need by both end points of a bidirectional LSP
     for OAM
   - RFC6370 defines mapping of TP identifiers to RSVP-TE for
     associated bidirectional LSPs (but other aspects aren't which
     are covered by [associated-lsp]), but not co-routed LSPs.
   - The high level approach taken by the draft to address the
     missing function.

4) The Operation section seems to be covering procedures, so why not
just combine with section 4.2, or add an informational description of
the extension as part of section 4 (before section 4.1).

5) The Procedures section needs to explicitly define what an
implementation needs to do to (a) support the desired function and (b)
conform with the document.  Think about covering what the
ingress/transit/egress needs to do and how it needs to do it.

Lou

PS please feel free to respond on-list (including the above) if you'd
like.