Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-li-lb-04.txt

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Thu, 23 October 2014 03:43 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, "draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-li-lb@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-li-lb@tools.ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 03:43:30 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.96.76]
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-li-lb-04.txt

Hi Lou,

Thanks a lot for your review and comments, please see my replies inline:

> Jie, Authors,
>     I have a few comments:
>
> - Section 3.1,
> I think intermediate node behavior related to processing of the A is unchanged
> by this document so think you should drop the 3 lines that contain the phrase "...
> intermediate nodes ..."

Agree the behavior of intermediate node is unchanged, will remove the descriptions about intermediate node behavior in a new revision.

> - Section 3.2
> The section is not clear if the A bit processing occurs / completes before
> Loopback related processing begins or occurs coincidentally.  (I read the last
> sentence of the first paragraph saying the former and the last sentence of the
> 2nd paragraph saying the latter.)  Either way it should be clarified.

The A bit (lock) processing needs to be completed before initiating loopback request. The last sentence of the 2nd paragraph was to emphasize that when signaling loopback, the A bit should be kept set to indicate the LSP is still in lock mode.
We will rephrase the sentence to make it clearer.

> Where is the Loopback (B) bit / Attribute Flag defined? This document, right?
> Then the document, needs to state so in this section and in the IANA section.

The Loopback bit was defined in the end of section 2 "Extensions to RSVP-TE". To make it clearer, will use subsections for each extension in the new revision.

> Section 4, needs to be updated to follow RFC2360, See
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-1
> 0
> for a recent example.

Thanks for pointing to this example. Will update the IANA section accordingly.

> - Also please cleanup your id-nits, see
> http://tools.ietf.org/idnits?url=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-t
> e-li-lb-04.txt

Will clean this in the new revision.