RE: I-D Action:draft-takacs-ccamp-revertive-ps-00.txt

"PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri" <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be> Wed, 09 July 2008 13:00 UTC

Subject: RE: I-D Action:draft-takacs-ccamp-revertive-ps-00.txt
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:54:47 +0200
From: PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be>
To: Attila Takacs <Attila.Takacs@ericsson.com>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, ccamp <ccamp@ops.ietf.org>
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

attila,

once you are at it, can u explain the following "to properly setup the
remote data plane endpoints" ? what it actually means in the context:

"Such an example is protection switching of bidirectional
 connections in Ethernet PBB-TE [IEEE-PBBTE] (currently under
 standardisation in IEEE).  In this case revertiveness needs to be
 signalled by RSVP-TE during LSP establishment to properly setup the
 remote data plane endpoint."

also do u need a V bit, or isn't the WTR time with a reserved value not
sufficient e.g. 0x0 ? when for inst. the locally configured timer would
be used (no timer signaled).

the revertive operation is associated to LSP right ? why did you pull
this into the 16-bit space for Link specific operation (before link
flags ?)

thx,
-d.