Re: [CCAMP] draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-01

fu.xihua@zte.com.cn Wed, 05 March 2014 09:47 UTC

To: "CCAMP (ccamp@ietf.org)" <ccamp@ietf.org>, Maarten vissers <maarten.vissers@huawei.com>
From: fu.xihua@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:44:56 +0800
Cc: Iftekhar Hussain <IHussain@infinera.com>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-01

Hi Maarten,

I CC the mail to CCAMP.
I aggree with you. PCE should compute the path for a group of network
media channel.
If all of them meet performance requirement, they should be signaled and
recovery together.
When we recall the connection management of ODUk, a group of network media
channels which must be managed as a single entity is similar as an ODUk
connection.
An ODUk connection is composed of multiple time slots (e.g., 1.25G).

Thanks,

Xihua

Maarten vissers <maarten.vissers@huawei.com>
2014-03-05 上午 06:55

收件人
"fu.xihua@zte.com.cn" <fu.xihua@zte.com.cn>
抄送
Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>, Iftekhar Hussain
<IHussain@infinera.com>, "Malcolm.BETTS@zte.com.cn"
<Malcolm.BETTS@zte.com.cn>, Oscar González de Dios <ogondio@tid.es>, Ramon
Casellas <ramon.casellas@cttc.es>, "Zhangxian (Xian)"
<zhang.xian@huawei.com>, Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>
主题
RE: slides for draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-01

Hi Xihua,

Indeed, as you describe an OTUCn is carried in its entirety over one
optical channel layer connection.
A complete or partial failure of this one connection will be represented
as a signal fail condition of the connection.
This approach keeps things simple and thus manageable. It also keeps the
set up of this connection in network elements very similar to the set up
of an ODUk connection. Main difference between the two is the
configuration of timeslots versus frequency slots. But this is not a real
functional difference.

Path computation of this connection and an ODUk connection are very, very
different… Path computation for this optical channel layer connection
demands that the connection is considered to contain multiple network
media channels and performance for each network media channel must be
checked; i.e. compute one (or more) potential paths through the optical
channel layer for this connection and then check the performance in every
network media channel within each of the potential connections. If one or
more of these potential connections provide the required performance, then
select one of these and configure the optical channel layer cross connects
in the network elements in the selected path.
An ODUk connection on the other hand can be treated as one entity; i.e. no
need to consider the performance in the individual timeslot channels.

I expect that the above method (i.e. compute the path for the optical
channel layer connection) is simpler than when you try to compute the path
for individual network media channels and then have to check which of
these channels are co-routed.

Regards,
Maarten