[CCG] Fwd: Proposed Changes to License Agreements between ICANN and IETF Trust

Kaveh Ranjbar <kranjbar@ripe.net> Sun, 12 November 2017 04:27 UTC

From: Kaveh Ranjbar <kranjbar@ripe.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:26:38 +0800
Cc: Trustees <trustees@ietf.org>
To: CCG PTI <ccg@ietf.org>
Subject: [CCG] Fwd: Proposed Changes to License Agreements between ICANN and IETF Trust

Dear CCG Members,

Here is an status update on the process of transferring the IANA domains to the IETF Trust from ICANN using CSC as the registrar. We are at the point where we are executing the CSC contract (step <g> in the original announcement, quoted below).

Next step would be transfer of iana.net domain (IANA has three: iana.com, iana.net and iana.org, all pointing to iana.org) to CSC and then try to make a simple administrative change and test CSC’s response.

FYI, the IANA IPR license agreement amendments to support these changes have been signed earlier in the October and you can find a copy of them attached for the record.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

All the best,

Kaveh Ranjbar,
Chair, IETF Trust.