Subject: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-guidance-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 05:29:41 -0800
List-Id: Crypto Forum Research Group <cfrg.irtf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-guidance-02.txt is now available. It is a
work item of the Crypto Forum (CFRG) RG of the IRTF.

   Title:   Implementation Guidance for the PKCS #1 RSA Cryptography Specification
   Author:  Alicja Kario
   Name:    draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-guidance-02.txt
   Pages:   46
   Dates:   2025-01-16

Abstract:

   This document specifies additions and amendments to RFC 8017.
   Specifically, it provides guidance to implementers of the standard to
   protect against side-channel attacks.  It also deprecates the RSAES-
   PKCS-v1_5 encryption scheme, but provides an alternative depadding
   algorithm that protects against side-channel attacks raising from
   users of vulnerable APIs.  The purpose of this specification is to
   increase security of RSA implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-guidance/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-guidance-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-guidance-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts