Subject: [CFRG] Re: RGLC on draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits
From: "Stanislav V. Smyshlyaev" <[email-masked]>
To: CFRG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2026 10:33:27 +0300
List-Id: Crypto Forum Research Group <cfrg.irtf.org>

Dear CFRG,

The authors of draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits have addressed the concerns
raised during the RGLC (see
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url1=draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-09&url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-11&difftype=--html
).

We didn't finish the RGLC last time, so we are now formally extending the
RGLC: it will end on February 28th.

We got a review of the draft from Thomas Pornin (on behalf of the Crypto
Review Panel):
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/crypto-panel/AKkf4W6n_JgDlvHlOdQphb932jQ/
The comments were addressed in version -09 of the draft.

If you've read the document and think that it is ready (or not ready) for
publication as an RFC, please send a message in reply to this email or
directly to CFRG chairs ([email-masked]). If you have detailed
comments, these would also be very helpful at this point.

Best regards,
Stanislav (for CFRG chairs)

On Mon, Jan 13, 2025 at 2:52 PM Stanislav V. Smyshlyaev <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Dear CFRG participants,
>
> This message is starting a 3-week RGLC on
> draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-09 ("Usage Limits on AEAD Algorithms") that
> will end on February 3rd 2025. If you've read the document and think that
> it is ready (or not ready) for publication as an RFC, please send a message
> in reply to this email or directly to CFRG chairs ([email-masked]).
> If you have detailed comments, these would also be very helpful at this
> point.
>
> We've got a review of the draft from Thomas Pornin (on behalf of the
> Crypto Review Panel):
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/crypto-panel/AKkf4W6n_JgDlvHlOdQphb932jQ/
> The comments were addressed in version -09 of the draft.
>
> Thank you,
> Stanislav, for CFRG chairs
>