[CGA-EXT] Next steps

marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> Wed, 18 November 2009 09:56 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:56:23 +0100
From: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
To: "cga-ext@ietf.org" <cga-ext@ietf.org>
Subject: [CGA-EXT] Next steps

Hi,

In the meeting, the following next steps for our charter items were
proposed:

draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat will be shipped to the IESG

draft-ietf-csi-proxy-send: we will issue the WGLC right away

draft-ietf-csi-send-cert will be updated and the message format for
getting the CRL information will be removed, only the default URI based
method will be kept in the document. The WG can discuss separatelly
whether we want to define the send messages to obtain CRL information.

draft-rgaglian-csi-send-name-type-registry-01 will be adopted as WG
document, so authors should submit this as draft-ietf-csi-...

draft-ietf-csi-dhcpv6-cga-ps needs to address S. Kent comments about the
security achieved by using CGGAs to authorize the DHCP server (i.e.
relies on haivingt he dhcp address configured and not very different
from having a shared  secret configured, and describe the leap of faith
approach as well. In addition, should cover the privacy issues with
storing the CGA information in a central repository)

In addition, we need to continue the discussion on PK agility support in
SeND.

The goal of this mail is to confirm the agreement in the ml. so if
people have issues with the proposed next steps please speak up before
dec 1st. If no objections are presented, i would ask the editors to
update the document to reflect this.

Regards, marcelo