Re: Last Hurdle

"David L. Arneson (arneson@ctron.com)" <arneson@yeti.ctron.com> Fri, 18 September 1992 15:21 UTC

To: Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com>
Cc: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Re: Last Hurdle
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1992 11:21:19 -0400
From: "David L. Arneson (arneson@ctron.com)" <arneson@yeti.ctron.com>

> I agree with Dave Perkins, I don't see this as the last hurdle.  He asked some
> very good questions that indicated the model section of the document is
> inadequate.  I continue to have serious problems with the proposed interface
> table, which I detailed in a previous message.  Neither the draft nor the
> proposed interface table have responded adequately to those.
>
> 	Bob

After a conversation with Keith we are now going to back away from the
proposed table.

What I will add that appears to be well liked by everybody is the
idea that Keith had for ifType and ifValue within the config table.
I will add this in the near future.

Second I'm going to start going thru the mail and try to flesh out the
overview section.  I think what will happen will be some form of an
example including what the chassis MIB would look like to model the
information.  If anybody has some ideas I'm more than happy to look at
those as well.  This will happen sometime towards the end of next week.

/David Arneson (arneson@ctron.com)