nominal environmental values in the chassis mib

fardy@minotaur.ctron.com Thu, 03 December 1992 20:48 UTC

To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Cc: arneson@minotaur.ctron.com, craig@minotaur.ctron.com, grimard@minotaur.ctron.com, zielinsk@minotaur.ctron.com, jra@minotaur.ctron.com
Subject: nominal environmental values in the chassis mib
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1992 15:47:47 -0500
From: fardy@minotaur.ctron.com

 The latest rev of the chassis mib (nov 30) lists four well-known sensor types,
 Other, temperature, Fans and Humidity.

 These have associated status values (chasEnvironStatus).
 This status can be unknown, bad, warning or good.

  I would find it useful to have both nominal and actual values associated with
  these sensors (especially temperature and humidity).

  I assume that the reason they are sensors instead of integers is to avoid
requiring that users instrument these things in every chassis.  Could we propose a
means of allowing nominal and actual values  (an environmental entry table?) to
optionally be available in the chassis mib?