Re: Submission for Power Supplies and Environmental Sensors

zur@FibHaifa.com (Yosef Zur) Wed, 30 September 1992 11:35 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1992 10:11:08 -0000
From: zur@FibHaifa.com
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu, rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com
Subject: Re: Submission for Power Supplies and Environmental Sensors

Hi,

> chasPowerSupplyOutputEntry OBJECT-TYPE
>     SYNTAX ChasPowerSupplyEntry
>     ACCESS not-accessible
>     STATUS mandatory
>     DESCRIPTION
>         "Values for a power supply output."
>     INDEX { chasPowerSupplyIndex, chasPowerSupplyOutputIndex }
>     ::= { chasPowerSupplyOutputTable 1 }
>
> ChasPowerSupplyOutputEntry ::=
>     SEQUENCE {
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputIndex
>             INTEGER,
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputStatus
>             INTEGER,
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputNominalVoltage
>             Gauge,
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputOfferedVoltage
>             Gauge,
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputOfferedWattage
>             Gauge,
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputWarnings
>             Counter,
>         chasPowerSupplyOutputFailures
>             Counter
>     }

I think you are missing an index on this table the chasPowerSupplyIndex appears at the INDEX but does not at the table.

The second thing I would like to say is that the power supply MIB or the tables within the chassis MIB that supply the information on the power supplies and the enviroment need a couple of traps that would indicate changes in the operstatus of a power supply or an enviroment status.
for example I would sure like to have a trap saying chasEnvironStatus for sensorFans is going from good(4) to bad(2).
I am not trying to open the issue of reliabillity in traps but I think I would like to see those traps defined for those who want to use them.

--- Joseph Zur

Fibronics Inc. Haifa, Israel

Voice : INTL-972-4-313679
Fax   : INTL-972-4-550266