Re: Adding a 'chasEnvironSlotIndex' to the chasEnvironTable.

Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com> Wed, 30 December 1992 20:15 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Dec 92 18:15:05 -0500
From: Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com>
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Re: Adding a 'chasEnvironSlotIndex' to the chasEnvironTable.

>These objects are fine for 'chassis wide' sensors, like a sensor which
>represents the temperature of the chassis.  But what of cases where there
>are sensors within each module occupying a slot?

People who ask perfectly reasonable, very difficult questions are such a pain.
You can't just blow them off...     :-)}

You've got another good point here.  Unfortunately, the answer is related to
the first one.  We need to get the slot model fixed.  In the process the
answer to this problem should fall out, or we don't have it fixed.

	Bob