Latest Chassis MIB Draft

gallagher@quiver.enet.dec.com Mon, 10 August 1992 12:43 UTC

From: gallagher@quiver.enet.dec.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 92 08:41:01 EDT
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Cc: gallagher@quiver.enet.dec.com
Apparently-To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Latest Chassis MIB Draft

How 'bout one more state for chasEntityAdminStatus:

    restoreToDefaults(5) - setting this object to this state
    restores all of its non-volatile parameters to their
    factory default state and resets the module (see reset(4)).

and for chasEntityOperStatus:

    nonFatalFailure(7) - indicates that the device's self-test
    has detected a non-fatal fault.  The device operates are less than
    a fully functional level in the presence of non-fatal errors.

which is useful if, say, one port of an 8 port terminal server is
broken.  And also for chasEntityOperStatus:

    needProgramLoad(8) - indicates that the device is waiting
    to be loaded.

What is the intended use of chasEntityArgument?  I know it's described
as "implementation specific", but can someone give me an example or two?

The latest draft is a definite improvement.   Good job.

							-Shawn