Re: Chassis MIB comments

Joseph Zur <zur@fibronics.co.il> Tue, 22 June 1993 11:11 UTC

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1993 13:40:45 +0300
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Joseph Zur <zur@fibronics.co.il>
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Re: Chassis MIB comments

->
-> 	> It would be good to get this work finished, but we don't seem to be settling
-> 	> very well.  People seem apathetic or confused, or just too busy to think about
-> 	> it.  It would be helpful if people would at least express that level of input.
-> 	> We need a sense of:
-> 	>
-> 	>     1)	Like it as it is
-> 	>
-> 	>     2)	It needs a little more work
-> 	>
-> 	>     3)	It needs a lot more work
-> 	>
-> 	>     4)	Don't care
-> 	>
-> 	>     5)	Care, but don't have time to assess work needed
-> 	>
-> 	>     6)	Care, but don't understand
-> 	>
-> 	>     7)	Let's wait for OSI to define it
-> 	>
-> 	>     8)	We don't need to finish this
->
->
-> My opinion is 2).
-> But if 'a little more work' means another long long time, I would better
-> say that I can live with the present model and I can switch to 1) anytime.
->
-> And sorry for not succeeding to be active in the last months, Bob Stewart's
-> employer is probably not alone in his wish to see his employees doing a lot
-> of things besides IETF.
->
-> Dan Romascanu, LANNET Data Communications Ltd., Tel Aviv, ISRAEL,
-> Voice: 972-3-6458414  Fax: 972-3-5447146
->

Dan ,

You took the words out of my mail-tool, I absolutly agree !

However, I would like to say that some sort of time frame should be astablished by
the chair so that everybody on the list will know how much time they have to still
think about it and when the draft is going to be forward.

After all, the greater the pressure the better we work :^)

--- Joseph Zur

Fibronics Inc. Haifa, Israel

Voice : INTL-972-4-313679
Fax   : INTL-972-4-313342