Re: WG ACTION: Chassis MIB (chassis) to conclude

Joseph Zur <zur@fibronics.co.il> Wed, 21 July 1993 05:48 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 08:23:20 +0300
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Joseph Zur <zur@fibronics.co.il>
To: chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Re: WG ACTION: Chassis MIB (chassis) to conclude

Hi all,

I read the last two messages from Bob Stewart and from the IESG
Secretary and somehow I feel that it is not the case of "we can't do
it", but rather, "we don't want to do it".

After waiting for the chassis MIB for more then a year I don't want to
wait another year for it.  I call upon the AD and the IESG
to reactivate this working group before 1994.

I personally believe that a call for vote on one of the drafts
published will show that there is more of a consensus than pepole
think.  I call upon the working group members who want to see this MIB
become a standard to express this "loud and clear" on the mailing list
so that the AD and the IESG see that public opinion is not in favour of
their decision.

--- Joseph Zur

Fibronics Inc. Haifa, Israel

Voice : INTL-972-4-313679