Re: Last Hurdle

"David L. Arneson (arneson@ctron.com)" <arneson@yeti.ctron.com> Thu, 17 September 1992 16:49 UTC

To: David Perkins <dperkins@synoptics.com>
Cc: arneson@ctron.com, chassismib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Re: Last Hurdle
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1992 12:48:30 -0400
From: "David L. Arneson (arneson@ctron.com)" <arneson@yeti.ctron.com>

> Last hurdle?????
>
> Hold on here.  I don't yet feel confortable
> with the responses to the clarifying questions.

What don't you like yet other than the list below.

> Also, havn't seen a high return rate to Jeff
> indicating that this MIB can be even implemented.
>
> For me to feel confortable, with this MIB, the
> following items need to be done:
>   1) Diagrams and text that explain the
>      chassis models that the MIB is providing
>      information about.

I guess I don't know what you want here.  What more is needed other than
the current explanation given?  We are trying to model what modules
are in the chassis, what is running on each module, and what network segments
the entities are using, and possible the interfaces.

>   2) An updated MIB document (with dates and
>      versions on it) posted in internet-drafts.

By last hurdle I mean that I feel we can go to internet-draft with
the MIB.  I don't want to dump something out as a draft if we are
not happy with the contents.  Dates and versions I will take care of.

>   3) Results from a poll indicating which sections
>      of the MIB can be implemented.

>From what I have seen there appears to be a number of people that think
they can implement it.  I know here at Cabletron it is easy for us.