Re: [cin] Next Steps

Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com> Sun, 05 August 2012 18:47 UTC

From: Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 11:47:10 -0700
To: cin@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [cin] Next Steps

Part of this process is identifying other bodies working on this or similar topics.  The goal is positive, in that it identifies potential partners for the work.  The goal is also negative, in that we may find better venues than the IETF to do the work.  It is much better for us to identify those groups that are in this space and explain either why they will be a partner or are not relevant to our work.

I can help get the overall process done, but I don't know the space well enough to list what's out there. Clearly there is input and interaction with ICAO, FERC, and FDA for the aerospace, smart grid, and medical devices fields respectively. I am sure there are organizations out there, like IEEE for medical devices, NIST for FERC, and possibly the Aerospace Industries Association for aerospace.

Can someone step up, at least one from each of the target use cases, to enumerate those related groups?

There is a lot more stuff to do, but the problem statement that Terry Davis and Bob Moskowitz are working on and this list of the ecosystem are what we need right now.