Re: [cin] Aviation Network Communications Requirements for Global Air Traffic Management -- Maybe a starting point RE: Gentle Reminder

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Thu, 03 January 2013 17:06 UTC

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: Terry Davis <terry.davis@ijetonboard.com>, "cin@ietf.org" <cin@ietf.org>, "Hugh Mote (hugh.mote@aeroconsult-tls.com)" <hugh.mote@aeroconsult-tls.com>, Julien Holstein <julien.holstein@aerospace-vision.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 09:06:33 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "Wesley Eddy (wes@mti-systems.com)" <wes@mti-systems.com>, William Ivancic <William.D.Ivancic@grc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: [cin] Aviation Network Communications Requirements for Global Air Traffic Management -- Maybe a starting point RE: Gentle Reminder

Hi Terry,

I agree on all counts, and this is why we developed the IRON family
of technologies:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-ironbis/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-intarea-vet/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-intarea-seal/

developed Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO) and saw
it through to publication as RFC6706.

IRON, VET, SEAL and AERO fit very well into the Critical
Infrastructure Networks (CIN) requirements, and especially
address the mobility and route optimization needs without
impacting the public Internet.

What are the next steps in terms of wg formation?

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com