Re: help me with this.....

Mike O'Dell <mo@uunet.uu.net> Wed, 01 March 1995 11:25 UTC

To: IETF NM-AD <mrose.iesg@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
cc: Mike O'Dell <mo@uunet.uu.net>, iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Re: help me with this.....
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 1995 06:25:18 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Mike O'Dell <mo@uunet.uu.net>

Marshall,

The note I sent was a summary of my thinking on the RPC matter and
I thought rather clear in its conclusions (those are the things
at the ends of the reasoning chains of "given this, you get that").

Either you agree with my analysis of the "givens" and therefore reach
the same conclusions as I do, or you do not for reasons that I assume
you can explain.  If you agree with the reasoning, then I don't
understand your current crusade.  If you do not agree with the
reasoning, because you think it directly erroneous, or that there is
information not considered which materially effects the resulting
conclusion, then I wish you would explain the where the mistake is or
what the unconsidered "given" might be and how it changes the outcome.

You have made very loud assertions of your conclusions over this
matter without sharing how you reached those conclusions.  Either
reason led to those conclusions, or something else did, and it is
certainly fair that the accused gets to know which and take issue with
it.

Or is vigorous but reasoned argument not something the IETF does
anymore? If that is the case, we have a much more serious problem than
transfer of intellectual property.

	-Mike O'Dell