Re: Comments on Stds track RFC Internet Draft

"Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921@mcimail.com> Fri, 09 July 1993 21:43 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1993 20:07:00 +0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921@mcimail.com>
Subject: Re: Comments on Stds track RFC Internet Draft
To: Multiple recipients of list TN3270E <TN3270E@list.nih.gov>

I want to thank Bill for his efforts to put together this draft.

We will have two weeks for discussions and changes.  After July 23, we will
submit the draft to the IETF for posting.  I know that this is a 'short'
time, but I want results this time, and I think you all do too.

There will be two sorts of responses to Bill's draft:

1       Comments and Questions - these will stimulate ideas, but might not
        change the draft.

2       Text changes - This is where someone submits the actual rewording of
        a section in the draft.  These are taken seriously.  If you take the
        time to write out your ideas in a format that can go into an RFC,
        then you have given a lot of thought to your ideas.

I have seen this in other lists.  We can do it too.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
TN3270E WG Chair