Re: IETF

"Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921@mcimail.com> Thu, 17 June 1993 12:25 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1993 12:15:00 GMT
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921@mcimail.com>
Subject: Re: IETF
To: Multiple recipients of list TN3270E <TN3270E@list.nih.gov>

Bill Palter said:

>        Is there going to be any TN3270 activity at the next IETF meeting.

I am not tyring to set anything up.  I will not be going, and I do not know
how many others will be there.

But I would like to set up something at INTEROP.  I can use the BOF as a
mechanism, I think.  Here is an EMail I received that I would respond to if
there is an interest:

Call for Proposals: INTEROP Birds of a Feather Sessions (BOFs)

Following our tradition, Interop Company will be hosting a number of
BOFs at INTEROP 93 August in San Francisco. BOFs are held on Wednesday
and Thursday evenings August 25 and 26 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. BOFs are
not intended for formal presentations, and certainly not for vendor
product overviews, but rather as a forum for informal discussions of
"unsolved problems". To submit a BOF proposal, send e-mail to
ole@interop.com with contact information and a brief BOF description
(see sample below). There are a limited number of BOF slots available,
so act soon!

So is there an interest.  I am very saddened by the slowness of the selected
RFC authors, but they are SEs at their companies and they do have other
responsiblities.  There will be postings long before INTEROP for us to
discuss and finalize.

Also, if anyone has access to facilities in the SF area for an alternative
meeting, let me know about that.  I will be arriving sometime on Tuesday,
and will probably have to stay through the weekend...

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corp
TN3270E WG Chair