Re: A Formalism for Internet Information References

Liam Relihan <relihanl@ul.ie> Sat, 16 April 1994 22:27 UTC

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 1994 21:47:37 +0100
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Liam Relihan <relihanl@ul.ie>
Subject: Re: A Formalism for Internet Information References
To: www-talk@www0.cern.ch

On Fri, 15 Apr 1994, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:

> Here's something that's been brewing in my mind for a couple years now.
> It's still fairly rough, but it hangs together, and I'd like to see it
> form a basis for disussing things like URNs and such:

Well since Daniel has made something available, I will too. A while ago, I
wrote some stuff for inclusion in my thesis (which will not be included
now) relating to formalising the Web. I have collected the stuff into an
article and have made it available at:

   http://itdsrv1.ul.ie/Research/WWW/w3-formal.ps.Z
or

   ftp://itdsrv1.ul.ie/pub/webac/Research/WWW/w3-formal.ps.Z

I would like to stress that I have made sizeable (sometimes wild)
assumptions in parts of this work. This work is not finished and is
likely to contain inaccuracies.

I'd still like to hear feedback.

Liam