TN3270E BOF at INTEROP!

"Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921@mcimail.com> Fri, 09 July 1993 21:45 UTC

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 20:08:00 GMT
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921@mcimail.com>
Subject: TN3270E BOF at INTEROP!
To: Multiple recipients of list TN3270E <TN3270E@list.nih.gov>

I was able to get a block of time at INTEROP for a BOF.

We have Thursday night, the 26th, from 7:30 to 9:30.

I need to have an Agenda done by July 15th.

A general start of the Agenda is:

10 Min          Introductions and purpose of the TN3270E WG
10 Min          Presentation on current TN3270 practices and shortcommings
10 Min          Presentation on OCS TN3287 proposal
10 Min          Presentation on WG's TN3270E document
15 Min          Discussions on promoting the OCS Tn3287 proposal as an
                Experimental RFC
15 Min          Discussions on SNA features in the TN3270E document
15 Min          Discussions on dedicated LUs and 'Printer/Terminal LU
                Pairing"
15 Min          Discussions on TELNET options that TN3270 uses
20 Min          Wrap up.

If I do it this way, 2 hours is not a lot of time.

We need the introductions and presentations, as this will be an INTEROP open
BOF, not an IETF BOF.

Or we can do it as:

1       Introductions and review of draft documentation
                All attendees please review documents on our anonymous
                server

2       Detailed discussions on TN3270E proposal
                SNA features included
                Dedicated LUs and 'Printer/Terminal LU Pairing'
                TELNET options supported in or used by the TN3270 mode

3       Where do we go from here
                What is still needed to prompt the drafts to RFCs.

Please comment back to me by the 13th midnight EDT.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corp
TN3270E WG Chair