Re: [clouds] IESG/IAB response to the Clouds BOF request in Beijing

Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca> Fri, 17 September 2010 20:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:09:10 -0400
From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
To: clouds@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [clouds] IESG/IAB response to the Clouds BOF request in Beijing

Le 10-09-17 16:03, Alexey Melnikov a écrit :
> (Speaking as myself now):
>
> I decided to look at the latest list of deliverabled in order to get
> some idea of how different proposed work items fit into different IETF
> Areas:

but, these days, most protocols touch many areas. A good example of this
is security: most if not all protocols has a security component.

So we shall live with some overlap. We shall define specific topics and
find the best home for the potential wg.

To me, the problem is not that much of which or all areas, but instead a
more focused, more scoped approach to the problem in the charter.
identifying the best area comes somewhat later (to me, but I'm not an AD).

Mar.c