Re: [clouds] draft-yokota-cloud-service-mobility

Hidetoshi Yokota <yokota@kddilabs.jp> Fri, 28 January 2011 08:22 UTC

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:25:47 +0900
From: Hidetoshi Yokota <yokota@kddilabs.jp>
To: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: clouds@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [clouds] draft-yokota-cloud-service-mobility

Hi Vishwas,

(2011/01/26 3:05), Vishwas Manral wrote:
> Hi Yokota-san,
>
> For most of the things I mention without too much context, there is
> probably an IETF WG for it. :))
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/nea/charter/ is the link. It is simlar
> to the Microsoft NAP protocol or the TNC protocol.

Thanks for the link. I remembered what it was.

> The protocol the PA and PB, are similar. The point there is when a new
> resource joins it is authenticated and current state checked, based on
> its current state it is allowed to join the network.

I see. The protocol checks if the posture of the joined system meets the
requirements for the network compliance policy. I also think that
security consideration is important and it has useful information
regarding the attributes to convey, but it does not basically handle
mobility of the functions or sessions, right?

Regards,
--
Hidetoshi