Re: IESG's support

Paul Mockapetris <pvm@isi.edu> Thu, 06 April 1995 14:17 UTC

To: stev@ftp.com
Cc: 0001050002@mcimail.com, bdains@linus.isoc.org, isoc-trustees@isoc.org, iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Re: IESG's support
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 07:17:24 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Paul Mockapetris <pvm@isi.edu>

>     5. There is a preference on my part to provide some staff support
>        out of the Reston office but this is by no means an absolute
>        requirement in my opinion.
>
> while i can still comment, i will note that i woudl consider it an
> interesting experiment to allow for distributed work in the manner
> that paul discusses. the internet society talks about the growth of
> telecommuting, but does not indulge themselves. a pilot project
> for a year may prove enlightening . . . . .

Yes, its somewhat tragically amusing that the ISOC doesn't believe in
telecommuting, but in fairness, you would be surprised how many of the
trustees, government officials supervising the net, etc. do not do
email themselves.  I was once thinking of doing an expose.

paul

USC/Information Sciences Institute      phone: 310-822-1511 x285
4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA  fax:   310-823-6714
90292