Re: IESG's support

Tomaz Kalin <kalin@terena.nl> Thu, 06 April 1995 16:14 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 18:11:52 +0100
To: "Vinton G. Cerf" <0001050002@mcimail.com>
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Tomaz Kalin <kalin@terena.nl>
Subject: Re: IESG's support
Cc: "L.H. Landweber" <lhl@cs.wisc.edu>, klensin <klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net>, bdains <bdains@linus.isoc.org>, iesg <iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>, isoc trustees <isoc-trustees@linus.isoc.org>, mo <mo@uunet.uu.net>, pvm <pvm@isi.edu>

At 15:57 6-4-95, Vinton G. Cerf wrote:
>seems to me that the desirable outcome is for ietf attendees to
>have an opportunity to participate in inet but to fashion things
>so that ietf is not invaded by inet onlookers. Can this be done
>by adjusting overlap and sequence of events?
>
>Vint

Vint,

I would like to complain about the asymmetrical arrangement proposed here.

I do understand the need for the efficiency, but please do not give in to
easily. With all that noise about openness of IETF one should be able to
tolerate some proportion of us fully-dressed people, including the tie, in
addition to you.

If absolutely necessary, I can even bring my blue jeans and a T shirt along.

Regards

Tomaz