Re: IP Security......

stev@ftp.com Wed, 15 March 1995 18:19 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 13:16:24 -0500
To: Christian.Huitema@sophia.inria.fr
Subject: Re: IP Security......
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: stev@ftp.com
Cc: mo@uunet.uu.net, iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US

    Essentially: I believe you are right. The IETF is *not* a place
    to develop a technology. This is maybe the place for research groups,

sorry, i dont believe research groups belong here either. people in the
last 10% of their work, who can control disruptive forces, are the
prime people to be moving in the IETF today. lord forbid letting some
of these people into the research process . . . i am amazed that noel
chiappia lets NIMROD exist as an IETF WG. i will be amused to watch
what happens when bill simpson finds it . . . .

    Let be frank. If we adopt the procedures of ISO, there will not
    be long before we become exactly as relevant. Each time I hear this
    fairness bureaucracy crap, I feel I am just at the wrong place.

    Christian Huitema

it may be time to abandon the IETF to those who worry about fairness,
and go form another group for people who want to fight it out like
the big dogs do . . .