Re: ONCRPC

John C Klensin <klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net> Sat, 18 March 1995 03:06 UTC

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 22:06:43 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John C Klensin <klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net>
Subject: Re: ONCRPC
To: mankin@isi.edu, iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US

>I haven't been reading all of your "one last nits", folks,
>so I'm not sure what's up.  Is the agreement to the point
>that the IESG can proceed on our normal Last Call procedure?
>Is that the question?

Allison,

I think there are two questions:

* Should / can we proceed before Sun, as well as Vint, have signed the
agreement?

* When a last call is issued, should it be for two weeks (on the theory that
there is an active WG and they have emitted this) or for four (on the theory
that the work is now fairly old and the community should address issues like
"is this really good for anything in the absence of NFS" before IESG votes).
 As the person who, I think, raised the second issue, I'm ready to accept
your decision without further discussion, one way or the other.

On the first, we could possibly issue the Last Call now, but with a note
that IESG won't take final action until Sun signs.  That would seem to be
the fastest way to clear this off our plates (if you, and others, agree).

   john