Re: Dave Crocker's Appeal - goal and request for positions

stev@ftp.com Mon, 27 March 1995 19:10 UTC

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 14:09:06 -0500
To: mrose.iesg@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Subject: Re: Dave Crocker's Appeal - goal and request for positions
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: stev@ftp.com
Cc: iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US, dcrocker@networking.stanford.edu, iab@isi.edu, 0001050002@mcimail.com, isoc-trustees@linus.isoc.org

        stop whining and get a life.

but mmmaaarrrssshhhaaalll, you never let us have *any* fun . . . .

        if you can't stand the heat, then get off the IESG and go cry to mama.

ya know, mama used to warn me about situations like this, i wish i had
listened to what she had to say . . .

        each of you accepted the job.  if you can't do it, or don't want to
        do it, then quit and good riddance.

complete agreement.

        the SUN debacle is the fault of the IESG, because the IESG is responsible.
        the "i was one of the good germans" defense isn't credible.

only the IESG is at fault? i thought it took to people to refrain from
agreeing on something . . .

        it amazes me that, to my knowledge, there was been only one AD who
        hasn't put their name back up for another term.

and one who didnt get returned. ahh, the freedom of having the weapon systems
back on line.

        to me this discussion smacks of intellectual dishonesty.

    /mtr

really, to me it smacks of whining, like you said, and of anger about
being critized about refusing to not play by the rules.

    ps: here's a question i'm likely to ask at the Danvers' plenary.  i'll
        tell you now so you can prepare a response (after all, i wouldn't
        want any of you to feel uncomfortable in public):

            in 100 words or less, please describe your greatest accomplishment
            during your tenure as an AD.  use complete sentences.

i helped stop marshall rose from pissing all over the process we have
in the IETF, even if i disagree with the process that i was
defending. i dont believe that the community wanted the IESG to
change the rules when it saw fit, and to ignore the published policy
that every IETF member is expected to follow. i also tried to stop
marshall rose from trying to play power games and to run the IESG
like he owned it.

can one of the user services people tell me if all those are complete
sentances? i have been playing in source code all last week, and the
comments i tend to leave behind, while colorfull, are often not
complete sentances.

        why do i get the feeling that if i ask this question, the response
        is going to be deafening silence from most ADs?  why do i get the
        feeling that those ADs who do answer will do little more than
        (inadvertantly) provide comic relief?

it may be comic relief, it may be venting of internal struggles you dont
want vented, since you seem to have lost a few battles in the last year.
saying no, and turning your back on the IESG didnt seem to work. too bad
you didnt even have the grace to finish out your term and attend the last
few iesg telechats, i enjoyed you being on them, although i am sure the
reverse is not true:)

farewell, marshall, it has been a trip.