Re: IESG's support

Paul Mockapetris <pvm@isi.edu> Thu, 06 April 1995 17:46 UTC

To: Tomaz Kalin <kalin@terena.nl>
Cc: "Vinton G. Cerf" <0001050002@mcimail.com>, "L.H. Landweber" <lhl@cs.wisc.edu>, klensin <klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net>, bdains <bdains@linus.isoc.org>, iesg <iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>, isoc trustees <isoc-trustees@linus.isoc.org>, mo <mo@uunet.uu.net>
Subject: Re: IESG's support
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 10:44:45 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Paul Mockapetris <pvm@isi.edu>

> Vint,
>
> I would like to complain about the asymmetrical arrangement proposed here.
>
> I do understand the need for the efficiency, but please do not give in to
> easily. With all that noise about openness of IETF one should be able to
> tolerate some proportion of us fully-dressed people, including the tie, in
> addition to you.

Tomaz,

Please be assured that if you choose to pay the IETF fee, you will be
admitted.  The IETF does not sponsor closed working groups.  These
remain the province of the ISOC, in groups such as the IRTF, PSRG,
etc.  The IETF does not have a dress code.

It will also be the case that IETF members who wish to participate in
INET events will have to pay the INET fee.

> If absolutely necessary, I can even bring my blue jeans and a T shirt along.

The IETF also has a newcomer's meeting, and we will be happy to
explain the use of T-shirts and jeans, should the INET be willing to
have a meeting explaining the use of suits and ties.

paul

USC/Information Sciences Institute      phone: 310-822-1511 x285
4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA  fax:   310-823-6714
90292