retreat

John C Klensin <klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net> Sat, 08 April 1995 01:06 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Apr 1995 21:06:24 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John C Klensin <klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net>
Subject: retreat
To: iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US

This note represents one option for the retreat--the one I volunteered for.
Rooms, etc., are reserved.  If IESG decides to move things to downtown DC,
this note is irrelevant, since the MCI rates and Jacqueline's availability
disappear along with the conference room.

Location:  MCI, 2100 Reston Parkway.
   Come to 6th floor and consult the guard about a badge, etc.  There will
be a list of IESG members at the guard desk.

Note: This is in the building that Vint, Phill, and I inhabit, not the
Tyson's Corner facility (next to the Ritz) that was used for the IAB
applications retreat.  Since we have opened up some conference rooms in
Reston, I can't get the Tyson's facility except under special circumstances
(like paying customers).

Note 2: If anyone feels motivated to organize a march on ISOC HQ -- a
possibility I'm deducing from the discussions this week -- it is about a
block or two away.

Nearby hotels:
   Hyatt Regency Reston Town Center.  Ask for MCI rate through Hyatt's main
reservations number (recommended for "close").
   Reston Sheraton:  Ask for MCI rate.  This is closer, but I don't
particularly like this hotel.  At MCI rates, prices are about the same as
the Hyatt.
   Ritz Carlton Tyson's Corner.  Spectacular place, reasonably priced at MCI
rate.  Car just about needed to get back and forth to Reston.
   There are a number of more moderately priced hotels in the Reston/Herndon
area, including those used last year: MCI's Reston Pkwy facility is closer
to them than CNRI is.  I think the above list about covers the nearby ones
for which MCI's very attractive rates are available.

Dates: Thursday/Friday April 27-28.

Recommended airport: Dulles International, which is about 10 minutes from
this site.  Washington National is a long distance away: buses only via
Dulles, expensive cab ride, or a Metro (subway) cab mix, which isn't cheap
either.

Emergency contact and general information source:
   Jacqueline Hargest
   703-715-7361
   Jacqueline_Hargest@mcimail.com

   --john