Re: [codec] A concrete proposal for requirements and testing

Anisse Taleb <anisse.taleb@huawei.com> Thu, 07 April 2011 18:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 18:05:16 +0000
From: Anisse Taleb <anisse.taleb@huawei.com>
To: Ron <ron@debian.org>, Stephen Botzko <stephen.botzko@gmail.com>
Cc: "codec@ietf.org" <codec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [codec] A concrete proposal for requirements and testing

Dear Ron,

There are many individuals and organizations that may be willing to help the testing effort on a voluntary basis provided there is a test plan that is agreed and represents a consensus of the group of what is to be tested.
The results we have are incomplete, there are many cases which needs to be tested and we are trying to build consensus over those and derive a test plan that can be agreed and be conducted by, hopefully, more than one organization.

Undermining this WG testing effort doesn't encourage organizations to chip in their resources and technical expertise to make this work go smoothly and according to plan.

Kind regards,
/Anisse