Re: [codec] A concrete proposal for requirements and testing

Koen Vos <koen.vos@skype.net> Fri, 08 April 2011 17:32 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:34:20 +0200
From: Koen Vos <koen.vos@skype.net>
To: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Cc: codec@ietf.org, Stephen Botzko <stephen.botzko@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [codec] A concrete proposal for requirements and testing

Roman Shpount wrote
> What I am trying to say is if there is a clear test plan I, and probably a lot of other people on this list, would be able to conduct more tests of the CODECs.

And we all welcome such tests. The more the better.

It's just unclear how or why such testing should have any bearing on the WG. There are no other candidates to compete against; it won't retroactively improve the codec; quality has been shown to be good enough for the codec to be useful...

Perhaps we can set up a separate mailing list for those who want to do ITU-T style codec testing?

best,
koen.