Re: [codec] WGLC of draft-ietf-codec-requirements-03

Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca> Thu, 28 April 2011 22:49 UTC

From: Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca>
To: "'Cullen Jennings'" <fluffy@cisco.com>, <codec@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:49:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [codec] WGLC of draft-ietf-codec-requirements-03

Hi Cullen,

I don't recall the discussion on this point, but it seems that in section
5.2, the codec quality requirement is now "no worse than" the reference
codecs, whereas in the previous version it was "better than". I suggest that
we revert to "better than", otherwise what have we achieved performance-wise
with the new codec?

Regards,

...Paul