Subject: Re: [codec] #16: Multicast?
From: "Raymond (Juin-Hwey) Chen" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Koen Vos" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:59:54 -0700
List-Id: Codec WG <codec.ietf.org>

Hi Ben,

> I think this is a typo, and you mean "lessened the pressure to reduce bitrates
> and complexity, and has shifted the focus to fidelity and delay instead".

[Raymond]: I agree with you here.

>> All in all I'm happy with the current requirements document, and it's
>> unclear what specific changes (besides a Bluetooth mode) you have in
>> mind...?

> Me too; I'd also like some clarification as to whether we're talking about (a) > existing Bluetooth headsets or (b) future hardware designed to support the
> IWAC.  If (b), then this is just a matter of negotiating the acceptable
> encode+decode complexity, for eventual implementation by DSP or ASIC.  If (a)
> ... I'm surprised that such a retrofit is even conceivable.  If it is in fact
> possible, I would very much appreciate instructions on how to experiment with
> new codecs on existing headsets.  Once we know how to build test rigs, we can
> see what the complexity requirement there is.  If we can't test it, I don't
> think we can target it.

[Raymond]: I was definitely talking about (b), not (a).