Re: [codec] requirements #8 (new): Sample rates?

"codec issue tracker" <trac@tools.ietf.org> Tue, 25 January 2011 00:37 UTC

From: codec issue tracker <trac@tools.ietf.org>
To: jean-marc.valin@usherbrooke.ca, gmaxwell@juniper.net, hoene@uni-tuebingen.de, kpfleming@digium.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:40:30 -0000
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] requirements #8 (new): Sample rates?

#8: Sample rates?

Comment(by gmaxwell@…):

 Jean-Marc wrote:
 > I believe such requirement for narrowband/wideband is already present,
 but
 > I don't mind making it even more explicit is necessary.

 I believe that we since are close enough to finalizing the draft we should
 try to include proposed language with our issues.  Otherwise there may be
 no clear path forward.

 Some of the requirements specify that compatibility with
 wideband/narrowband is important, but for the avoidance of doubt, I'll
 suggest:

 At the end of 4.1.  Operating space:

 "Because interoperation with existing wideband and narrowband facilities
 is essential at least one method of interoperation must be provided
 regardless of the codec's operating mode, sample rate, or bitrate."

 Of course, I would be perfectly happy to leave this out entirely (as I
 believe the application section 2.1 already implies the requirement) or
 use some other language.

--
 Reporter:  hoene@…                 |       Owner:  jean-marc.valin@…

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/8#comment:4>