Re: [codec] draft test and processing plan for the IETF Codec

David Virette <david.virette@huawei.com> Mon, 18 April 2011 14:11 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:11:17 +0200
From: David Virette <david.virette@huawei.com>
To: 'Jean-Marc Valin' <jmvalin@jmvalin.ca>
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] draft test and processing plan for the IETF Codec

Dear Jean-Marc,
Thanks for the information on available bitrates for speex and iLBC, it will
help updating the test plan.

Regarding the super-wideband definition, it is really common to have
different bandwidths in a MUSHRA test, and it is not the only factor which
guides the listeners to score the codecs. If you look at the test plan, we
proposed to test the super-wideband and full-band in the same test using
some different band-limited signals as anchors. From my experience, it is
less than obvious that this difference between 12 and 14 kHz will really
affect the ranking of codec for speech content.
Your proposed bitrate for super-wideband and full band are also noted.
Best regards,
David

David Virette
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

Building C
Riesstrasse 25
80992 Munich, Germany
Tel: +49 89 158834 4148
Fax: +49 89 158834 4447
Mobile: +49 1622047469
E-mail: david.virette@huawei.com
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by