Re: [codec] Suggested summary...

Michael Knappe <mknappe@juniper.net> Fri, 02 July 2010 12:57 UTC

From: Michael Knappe <mknappe@juniper.net>
To: Herve Taddei <herve.taddei@huawei.com>, 'stephen botzko' <stephen.botzko@gmail.com>, 'Christian Hoene' <hoene@uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 05:54:18 -0700
user-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/13.3.0.091002
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "codec@ietf.org" <codec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [codec] Suggested summary...

On codec complexity benchmarking, there is certainly industry precedence for using an existing codec as a rough relative complexity guide (G.729A comes to mind for narrowband codec comparisons), but some form of generalized fixed point / floating point instruction count rating would hopefully be less algorithm specific. Herve, Stephen, any suggestion(s) for codec complexity ratings?

Mike