Re: [codec] Audio tests: Further steps

Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca> Tue, 23 April 2013 21:35 UTC

From: Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca>
To: codec@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:34:55 -0400
Cc: cs.wg2.qualinet@listes.epfl.ch
Subject: Re: [codec] Audio tests: Further steps

I don't know why you're pouring scorn on this exercise, Ron. It seems to me
that it is a bona-fide attempt to understand the strengths and weaknesses of
the Opus codec in a controlled, unbiased manner, what a characterisation
test should do. It should have been done as part of the IETF codec WG
activity, but better late than never.

Cheers,

...Paul