Re: [codec] So many emails...

"Christian Hoene" <hoene@uni-tuebingen.de> Mon, 03 May 2010 07:34 UTC

From: Christian Hoene <hoene@uni-tuebingen.de>
To: 'Mikael Abrahamsson' <swmike@swm.pp.se>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:34:23 +0200
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] So many emails...

Hi Mikael,

#17: Feedback and control loop?
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/codec/current/msg01522.html
Koen wrote something about the impact of handovers many months ago. However, I do not find his email anymore.
I made some comments at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/codec/current/msg00660.html

><http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/codec/current/msg00865.html> is the
>email I'm talking about.

Let me cite the email again:

Jitter buffering is not explicitly mentioned in the Codec BOF. However, it must be considered because the requirements regarding
testing. As stated in http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/codec/current/msg01527.html, we shall test the codec using real trace of
IP packets.
These tests can only be made with some kind of dejitter buffer between packets and codec. Thus, at some point of time, we must agree
which playout buffer to take for the testing.

Christian