Re: [codec] Audio tests: Further steps

Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca> Tue, 23 April 2013 23:12 UTC

From: Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca>
To: codec@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:12:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [codec] Audio tests: Further steps

Well, clearly any conclusions about the significance of outlier input
samples on codec performance must be tempered by the likelihood of these
outlier samples occurring in real life, and simple averaging may not be a
useful metric. I'm assuming that this will be taken into account in the
Qualinet statistical analysis mentioned by Christian.

....Paul