Re: [codec] Next Steps for WG

Jean-Marc Valin <jmvalin@jmvalin.ca> Fri, 14 January 2011 02:48 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:50:55 -0500
From: Jean-Marc Valin <jmvalin@jmvalin.ca>
To: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] Next Steps for WG

Hi Roman,

We believe that we meet all requirements that were identified. As for
mixing multiple encoded streams, that was marked as desirable in the
draft because it's very hard to achieve without sacrificing efficiency.
To some extent, if you constrain the Opus encoder to a subset of the
available options (CELT only without short blocks or post-filter), then
you can create streams that can be mixed at roughly half the normal
complexity. I think that's about as much as we can do here.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc