Re: [codec] draft test and processing plan for the IETF Codec

Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca> Tue, 19 April 2011 02:20 UTC

From: Paul Coverdale <coverdale@sympatico.ca>
To: codec@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 02:20:32 +0000
Subject: Re: [codec] draft test and processing plan for the IETF Codec

As I mentioned earlier, the situation is not as bad as it may seem, certainly not a "1 in nonillion" chance of passing all requirements. Greg's analysis applies to flipping a coin that has a probability of .90 for "heads" and .10 for "tails." However, listener responses in a MOS test are not random - if they are, we throw that listener out of the results. The "randomness" that forms the basis of a statistical test derives from the distribution of responses ACROSS listeners rather than WITHIN listeners.

Regards,

...Paul