Subject: [codec] RFC 8251 on Updates to the Opus Audio Codec
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:42:06 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Codec WG <codec.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8251

        Title:      Updates to the Opus Audio Codec 
        Author:     JM. Valin, 
                    K. Vos
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23578
        Updates:    RFC 6716

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8251

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8251

This document addresses minor issues that were found in the
specification of the Opus audio codec in RFC 6716.  It updates the
normative decoder implementation included in Appendix A of RFC 6716.
The changes fix real and potential security-related issues, as well
as minor quality-related issues.

This document is a product of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC