Re: [Codematch-develop] DataTracker and CodeMatch access control

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Wed, 26 August 2015 14:54 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:54:32 -0500
From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
To: Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <granville@inf.ufrgs.br>, codematch-develop <codematch-develop@ietf.org>
Cc: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Subject: Re: [Codematch-develop] DataTracker and CodeMatch access control

Hi Lisandro -

Before we go too deep into this, I want to call out a way we expected
Role to be used and make sure you've considered it.

You are not necessarily restricted to the Role names that are defined
now (like "chair"). We could add Role names like
"codematcher" or "codematch_approver" or whatever other name matches the
semantic for the permission you're wanting to manage.

You could then have things like Lisandro Granville is codematch_approver
in nmrg.

Does that address the need? If not, could you walk me though a scenario
where it makes it harder than it should?

RjS