[Codematch-develop] RES: RES: Today's call

"Wanderson Paim" <wanderson.jesus@rnp.br> Wed, 07 October 2015 19:37 UTC

From: Wanderson Paim <wanderson.jesus@rnp.br>
To: 'Robert Sparks' <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, codematch-develop@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 16:37:41 -0300
Sender: wanderson.jesus@rnp.br
Subject: [Codematch-develop] RES: RES: Today's call

Hello Robert,

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Codematch-develop [mailto:codematch-develop-bounces@ietf.org] Em nome de Robert Sparks
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2015 16:23
Para: codematch-develop@ietf.org
Assunto: Re: [Codematch-develop] RES: Today's call

On 10/7/15 11:45 AM, Wanderson Paim wrote:
> Hello
>
> Because in today’s meeting we had only Toral, Wanderson, and Lisandro in the call (until a certain time), we are reporting the last developments here in this message:
>
> a) Databases integration - The integration of datatracker and CodeMatch databases is important to take advantage of data already stored in datatracker (e.g., user records), thus avoiding replication in CodeMatch. Still, it’s important to secure that CodeMatch won’t change things on datatracker database. A viable solution, in our view, is to have database user in datatracker whose rights are limited to read operations. CodeMatch, by using the credentials of such a database user, would be able to query datatracker without changing anything. Because we are using Django in CodeMatch, we can access different yet complementary databases (datatracker’s and CodeMatch’s) in a convenient way. Is it ok if we move on with this strategy?
Instead of a datatracker user, I think you should be talking about a mysql user that has read only access.

- Yes, we are talking about database user. In case of MySQL databases, they could be called mysql user as well.

You would have two databases set up in your settings.py.

- Yes. See the example:

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'NAME': 'app_data',
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
        'USER': 'postgres_user',
        'PASSWORD': 'xxxyyy'
    },
    'users': {