Re: [companions] IETF Companions T-Shirt - Rate the Designs!

Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com> Thu, 13 February 2014 23:57 UTC

From: Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:57:19 -0800
To: ietfdbh <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
Cc: companions@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [companions] IETF Companions T-Shirt - Rate the Designs!

Hi David,

Inline:

On Feb 13, 2014, at 3:49 PM, ietfdbh wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a concern …
> Except for #1, these shirts are labeled the “IETF World Tour” without any mention of Companions.

That is one of the things that we imagined correcting with the tweaking of the final design. It will be simple enough to add "companions" to any design that is selected.

> Will the IETF have an issue with this usage?

I don't know that the IETF would have an issue, but it does seem like the shirt should reference the Companions since that's the intent of having a specific shirt. Also, while this is not included in any of the sample designs, the Companions should not have a problem using the official IETF logo if they so desire, as a part of the design.

> Does it come in my size?

Whichever design is selected, the idea is that the t-shirts will be made available for purchase on a site such as Zazzle or Cafepress. So, the shirt should be available in any size desired. And, who knows, the design may even be available on coffee mugs or some other item.

-Alexa