[conex] Remaining ConEx I-Ds

Bob Briscoe <bob.briscoe@bt.com> Wed, 19 March 2014 09:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:46:14 +0000
To: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
From: Bob Briscoe <bob.briscoe@bt.com>
Cc: ConEx IETF list <conex@ietf.org>
Subject: [conex] Remaining ConEx I-Ds

Marcelo,

At 21:39 13/03/2014, Matt Mathis wrote:
>I am concerned that there are too many
>non-progressing IDs as references. Â  These are
>not so much of an issue at this stage, but we
>need a plan for the RFC editor: which are we
>going to leave at "work in progress" and which
>can be replaced by other references?

[Matt, actually, all except the "historic" re-ECN
ones have had recent material updates.]

What's the plan for each category below in the
timescale of RFC-Edits on abstract-mech?
1) Ready: presumably you will WG last-call the
ConEx ones? Or has that already happened?
2) "Historic" (re-ECN): Do we leave these to
expire, or get them issued as historic RFCs?
3) Individual: Do you plan to make these WG items?
    (Small groups are actively working on
implementing and evaluating policing and audit.)

I count the following I-D refs in abstract-mech:

1) Ready for WG last call (either ConEx or TCPM):
* ietf-conex-destopt
* ietf-tcp-modifications
* ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs

2) "Historic" re-ECN drafts
* briscoe-conex-re-ecn-motiv
* briscoe-conex-re-ecn-tcp

3) Individual drafts satisfying ConEx charter items:
* briscoe-conex-policing
* draft-wagner-conex-audit (mistakenly not
referenced from abstract-mech, but we'll add during RFC-Editor phase)

The other category in the charter (cited in
concepts-uses, not abstract-mech) is
4) Use cases
         draft-ietf-conex-mobile
         draft-briscoe-conex-data-centre
         draft-briscoe-conex-initial-deploy

Bob

>Thanks,
>--MM--
>The best way to predict the future is to create it. Â - Alan Kay
>
>Privacy matters! Â We know from recent events
>that people are using our services to speak in
>defiance of unjust governments. Â  We treat
>privacy and security as matters of life and
>death, because for some users, they are.

Bob Briscoe,                                                  BT