[conex] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-conex-mobile-05: (with COMMENT)

"Benoit Claise" <bclaise@cisco.com> Thu, 01 October 2015 10:11 UTC

From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 03:11:33 -0700
Cc: tjw.ietf@gmail.com, draft-ietf-conex-mobile@ietf.org, conex@ietf.org, draft-ietf-conex-mobile.ad@ietf.org, conex-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: [conex] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-conex-mobile-05: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-conex-mobile-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-mobile/

COMMENT:

Not too happy that a document on the IESG table doesn't take into account
the shepherd feedback.
See "A few editing nits that should be addressed before final
publication: " at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-mobile/shepherdwriteup/,
which corresponds to Tim's OPS DIR feedback below.

My review found several issues with the document references and
discussions,
and several of them mirror those of the document shepherd.  I suggest the
OPs
ADs heed the document shepherd words.

2.3.  Accounting for Congestion Volume

   3G and LTE networks provide extensive support for accounting and
   charging already, for example cf. the Policy Charging Control (PCC)
   architecture.

issue: There is no reference to the PCC architecture, even though its
referenced several times.

Section 2.4:

   [I-D.briscoe-conex-initial-deploy] provides specific examples of how
   ConEx deployments can be initiated, focusing on unilateral

typo: unilateral

3.1.  Possible Deployment Scenarios

   We present three different deployment scenarios for congestion
   exposure in the figures below:

issue: There are 4 items listed numerically below this statement.
Please adjust this.

issue: The drawings are not close to the deployment scenarios. I would
suggest doing the work to include each drawing with the appropriate
scenario.

issue: Figures 1-4 refer to objects "UE", "eNB", "S-GW", and "P-GW".
These
are not defined in the document anywhere.

6.  Security Considerations

   Security considerations for applying CONEX to EPS include, but are
   not limited to, the security considerations that apply to the CONEX
   protocols.

issue: There should be a reference to the draft that discusses the